Across the country 42 million people, primarily women, between the ages 40 – 60 are faced with the challenge of providing care to their older family members and friends each and every day. They may not know it, but they are caregivers, and they play an extraordinary role in supporting those we love.
November is National Family Caregivers Month, and as part of the Ad Council’s Caregiver Assistance campaign with AARP, we have released a series of new Public Service Advertisements (PSAs) that explore the many roles caregivers take on and provide resources to help them cope with their daily responsibilities.
self-identify as such and can be reluctant to ask for help. As part of our campaign, we’ve developed a number of online platforms to help recognize caregivers everywhere for the important work they do:
· The new website, ThanksProject.org, where you can share a message of thanks with a caregiver you know and post it publicly alongside other messages from people across the country to illustrate the number of caregivers nationwide.
· A hilarious new video from comedian Jeff Foxworthy who says, “You might be a caregiver if…”
· A new online quiz to help identify if you are a caregiver.
· Our hashtag #ThanksProject, which you can use to spread caregiver “thank yous” throughout social media, and #CareSupport for other general caregiving tweets, Google+, Pintrest and Instagram posts.
· Beautiful new social media images that showcase the different roles caregivers may play, which you can share across your different social media channels, plus campaign PSA images are available to be shared from AARP’s Pinterest page.
If you are a caregiver, or you know someone who is, please be a part of this important campaign. Visit aarp.org/caregiving for more tools and resources.